Having a relationship can be a challenge. As much joy as it brings us, it can also bring us a lot of hardships. For a lot of people the good far outweighs the bad, but there are still many relationships out there that suffer from a lot of troubles that can keep them weighted down.
Trying to mend a relationship is also quite difficult and in fact the very act of trying to fix it often times seals it's fate. The reason for this is simply because people do not know what exactly they should do. They have the drive, just not the knowledge. If you do not want girlfriend or boyfriend ex there are some tips to help you out.
1. Positivity. Remaining positive is important when trying to keep any relationship afloat. People can pick up on the vibes you put off, if you put out negative vibes it will make them feel negative around you, and generally just will not do you any good. Keeping positive not only makes yourself feel better, but can rub off on those around you as well.
2. Do not rush. Eagerness can lead to impatience, which is where a lot of couples fail. They are so eager to keep their relationship intact that they actually end up making things worse. Rome was not built in a day and repairing your relationship will not happen overnight either. Take it nice and slow so you do not make mistakes.
3. Communication. The single most important aspect of any relationship is proper communication. If you do not your girlfriend or boyfriend ex then you need to be able to listen to their problems so you can fix them before they cause damage.
However you also need to voice your own, remaining silent does not help anybody. Tell your partner whatever problems you have so that they as well do not become a big issue down the line.
4. Be affectionate. When in a slump, most couples stop being as intimate as they once were. All this does is further drive a wedge between the two of you. You should try to keep the intimacy level the same regardless of the problems you have. Simple gestures such as kisses and hugs can do a lot. Just show your partner that, despite whatever problems you are having you still love them.
5. Look for help. While these tips can do a lot to help you out, sometimes it is simply not enough. If you do not want your girlfriend or boyfriend ex then you need to do whatever you can to keep your relationship above water. If all else fails then you should seek out professional help in the form of a marriage counselor.
Marriage counselors are trained to help you through your troubles and help the two of you work through your problems. Sometimes simply having an objective third party can work wonders. Marriage counselors have saved countless relationships. Do not let fear or hesitation keep you from seeking the help you need. If your relationship is important then you need to do whatever it takes to make it work.