Hair is something we all have but some of us have more than others. It can become a problem for some people when they have excess hair over their body and particularly on their face. Hair color, hair loss and how much hair we have all come down to genetics. Some people will have dark, thick hair and others will have light, finer hair. When you have facial hair growth, the color and thickness of your hair can make a difference as to how visible it is. The good news is that you can learn how to avoid facial hair growth.
There are many options available these days to get rid of unwanted facial hair. Shaving it off with a razor is no longer the only option; there are many ways of getting rid of that hair. Using a razor is actually probably one of the worst methods for removing facial hair.
Let's take a look at some of the methods you can use to get rid of facial hair and have a smooth, hairless face again.
1. Shaving. As mentioned already, shaving is one option of removing facial hair. The problem with shaving is that you will get rapid regrowth and possibly even razor burn. For women in particular, shaving is not the best method for removing hair from the face.
2. Tweezers. Using tweezers you pull the hair out by the root so it takes much longer to grow back than it does with shaving. It can be a little painful though and can be time consuming. Tweezers are fine for removing small areas of hair like on the eyebrows, or stray lip or chin hair.
3. Waxing. Waxing works in the same way as using tweezers in that it removes the hair from the root. Wax is much quicker though and can be used on larger areas. You will remove a lot of hair in one wax strip so it is a lot faster than using tweezers and pulling hairs out individually. There are a lot of different waxing products available from the supermarket or pharmacy. You should try wax removal on a small area of skin to see if you have any reaction before using it on larger areas.
4. Depilatory gels. These gels work on the hair shaft and affect them in such a way that makes them easier to remove. These do work really well but the downside is that they contain many harsh chemicals that can irritate the skin. You should try the gel on a small area of skin to begin with to make sure that you don't have a reaction to the chemicals. You should always follow the directions carefully and only use a depilatory that is created specifically for the face.
5. Electrolysis. Electrolysis will remove hair permanently so is a good choice for long term facial hair removal. This method sends an electrical current through the hair shaft killing the hair so it doesn't regrow. Electrolysis can be expensive and it is time consuming as each hair follicle needs to be done individually. You may need several treatments to remove all the hair.
6. Laser treatment. You will need to visit a specialist for laser treatment. This can also be very expensive and time consuming and may not be as permanent as electrolysis. This is a treatment that you really need to do some research on and always as a lot of questions so you know what is involved before going ahead.
With all these different methods available you can avoid facial hair growth, although some methods are more effective than others for long term results. Depending on the severity of your hair growth will determine which method you may need to use, so do some research and learn about each method and what they can do for you.