Steroids are somewhat considered as synthetic derivatives found in male sex hormones which are known to man as testosterone and are usually taken in order to improve the size and strength of muscles. Though some may not admit it but there are a lot of bodybuilders and also known personalities that uses steroids in order to get muscle gain. Testosterones are the ones that are responsible for building muscles and tissues focused for the males. Steroids are the ones that boost the building process of muscles by enhancing the number of testosterone in the body.
Steroids also affect the growth of organs for reproductive in order to enlarge the penile length and prevent the development of facial and pubic hair. Some people would opt to using steroids because of the rate or degree of faster mass increase and fat loss. Despite that, steroids are also believed to cause several effects which contribute problems to the body which is usually the reason why it is incorporated in bodybuilding phases. Psychological and physical damage can be the effects of steroids in the body and this reason overshadows the need for superficial disadvantages.
Steroids are also used in healthcare facilities to reduce the effects of any inflammatory process going inside the body. It can also cause some symptoms of certain diseases to be diminished. Inhalers made from steroids decreases deaths due to asthma and other respiratory obstruction; injections of steroids can be useful in treating pains from ligaments and joints. However, steroids are also responsible for making the body's immune system less active which is why it is considered as an anti-inflammatory drug.
Effects of abused steroid use can result to the following side effects:
* Increased blood pressure
* Reduce the level of high density lipoprotein which is considered as good fats
* Obliteration of the liver
* Testicle contraction in males
* Uterus and breast contraction in females
* Impotency and infertility in both females and males
* Mood swings that are irrepressible which includes belligerence and irritability
No matter how you see it, steroid use should be avoided because of the possible adverse effects that it might contribute to your body in the long run. The effect is irreparable. It is more advisable that you be included in an exercise program that is steadily healthy, educated, and gives the chance for the person to improve muscle growth in the most natural way.
After mentioning these side effects, do you still want to do it the hard way or the easy way out which can be pretty life threatening. Some of the other side effects due to muscle gaining that can be acquired through the use of steroids are:
* Anaphylactic shock
* Unusual bleeding or hemorrhage
* Unpleasant odor of breath
* Persistent headaches
* Cholesterol levels which are fluctuating
* Fetal damage (if pregnant)
* Regurgitation with blood
* Morbid fluid accumulation or edema
* Excessive calcium levels or low calcium levels
* Injuries that are delayed
* Irregularity in menstrual periods
* Breast swelling or soreness that may eventually lead to breast cancer
* Atrophy of the testicles
* Injuries of the ligaments
* Stones in gallbladder
* Nausea and vomiting
* Blood poisoning or septic shock
* Abnormal urinary retention or excretion
* Painful reproductive organs (male)
* Problems regarding sexuality