There are many benefits of b vitamin complex to your overall health and well being. A B complex vitamin usually consists of around 8 of the most vital B vitamins. While B complex vitamins have been shown to offer many health advantages, there are some studies that show that B complex vitamins can do even more than was originally thought.
A few of the benefits of b vitamin complex include; improve immune function, increase the metabolism, and even improve your complexion.
Here are some of the other possible benefits of taking a B vitamin complex:
1. One study has shown that taking a B complex in addition to a folic acid B9, and a B6 and B 12 can help eliminate a substance that can contribute to heart disease.
2. Another long term study, from 1985 to 1993, revealed that a B complex vitamin, taken regularly, can actually help lessen the chances of developing pancreatic cancers.
In addition, a B complex supplement can also help reduce the odds of developing lung cancer.
3. And, for all you women out there, there has been another study done that shows a B complex vitamin can help reduce PMS symptoms. It has been shown to help reduce the bloating, depression and breast sensitivity and tenderness.
4. Since a B complex can help with new cell growth, even red blood cells, taking a B complex vitamin may also help reduce the chances of becoming anemic.
5. And, let's not forget about your brain. Studies have shown that a B complex vitamin can help significantly improve brain growth. A study done by the Nutrition and Food Research Institute even suggests that if a child lacks B vitamins during the first 6 years of their life, they may suffer lifelong cognitive limitations.
Now that I've convinced you of the importance of getting enough B complex into your daily life, hopefully, you will need to know what foods you can eat to get the proper nutrients.
Of course, you can always take a supplement, but trying to get as much of your daily recommended dosage as possible from your food is probably the best way.
Since there are a lot of different vitamins in the B family, you will get some from one type of foods and another type of B vitamin from other foods. That is why it can be a pretty long list when you are trying to figure out what foods to eat in order to get the full spectrum of B vitamins into your daily diet.
Some of the foods that are high in B vitamins are: leafy green vegetables, cantaloupe, asparagus, beets, broccoli, mushrooms, Brussels sprouts, and even some forms of grain. Other foods such as chicken, salmon and potatoes will give you a lot of B-3.
For B-6 eat brown rich, whole grains, bananas and soy products.
In short, your best bet to get the full range of B vitamins into your daily diet is to eat a wide variety of healthy, not processed, foods every day. Taking a supplement can help also.
There are many benefits of b vitamin complex vitamins. To keep your body functioning to it's fullest you want to include the full spectrum of vitamins into your daily diet. Try to incorporate a mix of healthy eating with a quality supplement to make sure you get all that you need.