We were made to be able to get all the nutrients we need right out of the ground. When it comes to finding diets for good cholesterol you have to look no further that what is available from Mother Nature.
Diets for good cholesterol don't have to be expensive to make or difficult to prepare, all you need to do is learn to incorporate several key ingredients into as many meals as you can.
These foods are naturally good at helping you get your good cholesterol levels high, your bad levels low and keeping them that way.
Make a list and the next time you go to the grocery store stock up on these things. You can find many recipes that will include one or more of these items or you can just switch out some recipes that you currently have and add these foods instead.
Here you go:
1. Beans. These little wonders are a great source of protein and fiber and they can even help you raise your good levels and lower your bad levels.
2. Salmon. This fish along with others like tuna, sardines and herrings, can also provide a lot of omega 3 acids. This is a great ingredient to help you maintain a healthy heart.
According to the American Heart Association you should eat at least 2 servings of fish per week.
3. Brown rice. Brown rice can provide a high protein low fat alternative to other side dishes. Another benefit of brown rice? It is a great source of fiber too.
4. Apples. You know the whole "apple a day keeps the doctor away"? Well, turns out that that is true! Apples have pectin which is a soluble fiber that can decrease the bad cholesterol in the blood stream.
5. Nuts. Many types of nuts are loaded with polyunsaturated fats which can help reduce cholesterol levels. Some of the best are hazel nuts, almonds and walnuts.
Remember though, that nuts are high in fat so you don't want to eat too much of them. Limit your intake to a cup a day.
It is true, too much of a good thing can be bad.
6. Various fruits that are high in antioxidants are a great addition to your diet too. They taste great and can be added to many types of recipes. Blueberries are one example.
Of course, it's not just about what you eat, it's also about what you do. It is important that you move your body and get some exercise.
Many people seem to have a bit of a block when it comes to exercise. They seem to think that it will be hard but that doesn't have to be the case.
You can, and should, start small. Simple changes can make a big difference. Just start taking your dog for a walk every day, for example.
Park a little further away from the store or your office to force yourself walk.
As you can see, there are some simple changes you can make to help you get your cholesterol levels in check. There are many diets for good cholesterol, just find the one that works best for you.