If you are not feeling well due to the cold or the flu, you will obviously want to do whatever you can to speed up recovery and get back on with your life. A lot of people turn to drugs or just try to wait it out, but what many people do not know is that there are a lot of all natural remedies you can use. Many of which are common in most house holds.
1. Chicken Soup. Chicken Soup and the flu have always gone hand in hand. While the science behind whether or not chicken soup really helps cure ailments may be a bit iffy, the fact of the matter is that it just makes you feel good. A nice bowl of warm soup has been known to help diminish the symptoms of the cold or flu and make people feel better for a long time. One of the possible reasons being the ginger found in the soup.
2. Ginger. Carrying off there, ginger is a great medicinal herb that has been used by asian nations for centuries. It can have a very soothing effect on the human body, able to diminish or outright cure symptoms such as an upset stomach. A cup of warm ginger tea is the perfect home remedy for a sore throat as well. If you are suffering from the cold, or the flu especially, make sure to get yourself some ginger as it really can make quite a difference.
3. Honey. Like Chicken Soup and the flu, honey and the flu can go together quite well. Honey is a known anti-viral that will help your immune system fight off the flu virus. It can also sooth your sore throat and act as a natural cough syrup. Not only that, but honey contains properties that can help boost your immune system, further aiding it in it's fight against the virus.
4. Oranges. Oranges are a great and tasty way to boost your immune system. Oranges are rich in Vitamin C which is known to strengthen your immune system. If you regularly take in Vitamin C every several hours, it can help alleviate your flu symptoms. They can also be used to prevent the flu all together by keeping your immune system strong.
5. Kiwi. Kiwi's are similar to oranges in that they have a high Vitamin C content, so for those out there who do not like oranges, this can serve as a good alternative. Kiwi's can also work to help alleviate upper respiratory issues that are so common with the cold and the flu.
6. Water. Water is right up there with Chicken Soup and the flu. Both of them are treatments everybody knows and uses. When you are sick your body is fighting off the virus as best it can, and you need to support it. However another reason you need to drink plenty of water is because you actually expel a lot of fluids when you have the flu. Vomiting and diarrhea can cause you to lose a lot of water which can dehydrate you. So drinking plenty of water can counter this.